Chiropractic in Manitoba
DC: POPULATION RATIO 1 : 5,987
UTILIZATION RATE: 16%
Avg. Payment for initial visit $36.56
Avg. Payment for subs visit $21.56
- Provincial Coverage
- Coverage for 12 visits/year, $11.56/visit.
- North of 53rd parallel, 12 visits/year, $12.72/visit.
- No x-rays covered.
- User Fees
- DC can charge what is appropriate.
- Average initial visit user fee, $25, subsequent visits $10.
- Workers Compensation
- Initial visit $35.65 + $20.50 for initial report.
- Subsequent visits $21.75, subseq. reports, $20.50.
- No user fee can be charged.
- X-rays covered.
- Cover back braces/supports/ice packs
- Treatment length determined case by case.
- Auto Insurance (MPIC)
- Initial visit $54.43 + initial report $30.
- Subsequent visit $26.54, subseq reports $30.
- X-ray coverage.
- Covers supports, pillows, ice packs.
- No specific treatment length limits.
- Social Services
- Covers $11.56/visit after prov plan exhausted.
- Need to get pre approval of treatment.
- Treatment amount determined case by case.
- Veterans Affairs
- Pays for user fee up to 20 visits/yr.
- Call for pre approval of treatment.
- Covers 15 visits a year, can get another 12 visits with MD approval.
- Initial visit pays full amount (up to $70), subsequent visit pays full amount (up to $30).
- Private Insurance (Blue X)
- Usually covers user fee immediately, then full fee after prov plan used up, check coverage in advance.
- Usually covers 80 % of chiro costs up to $300-$500.
- Usually covers 80 % of orthotics costs.
- Native Affairs
- No coverage, in negotiations.
Click here to visit the provincial association website: http://www.mbchiro.org