Chiropractic in Prince Edward Island
DC: POPULATION RATIO 1 : 17,250
UTILIZATION RATE: 3%
Avg. Payment for initial visit $50.00
Avg. Payment for subs visit $30.00
- Provincial Coverage
- User Fees
- DC can charge what is appropriate.
- Average initial visit user fee, $50, subsequent visits $30.
- Workers Compensation Board
- Initial visit $50, includes report fee.
- Visits 2-15 pays $35/visit, visits 16-25 pays $20/visit.
- Will pay $35/visit for 15 maintenance visits.
- No user fee can be charged.
- X-rays covered.
- Cover back braces/supports/orthotics.
- Auto Insurance (private)
- No $ coverage limits.
- Average initial visit $50, subsequent visit $30.
- Treatment length determined case by case.
- X-ray coverage.
- Insurance company reports $ charge varies with report length.
- Medical-Legal reports requested by lawyers, charge $200-$400 based on length.
- Social Services
- Veterans Affairs
- Pays up to 20 visits/yr.
- Call for pre approval of treatment.
- Covers 15 visits a year, can get another 12 visits with MD approval.
- Initial visit pays full amount (up to $70), subsequent visit pays full amount (up to $30).
- Private Insurance (Blue X)
- Usually covers 80 % of chiropractic costs up to $300-$500.
- Usually covers 80 % of orthotics costs.
- A lot of federal government workers with Sun Life insurance which covers up to $500/year.
- Native Affairs