Chiropractic in Nova Scotia
DC: POPULATION RATIO 1 : 20,885
UTILIZATION RATE: 3%
Avg. Payment for initial visit $65.00
Avg. Payment for subs visit $30.00
- Provincial Coverage
- User Fees
- DC can charge what is appropriate.
- Average initial visit user fee, $65, subsequent visits $30.
- Workers Compensation
- Initial & subsequent visits $30.
- Initial & subsequent reports $26.
- Treatment length determined by case, usually in treatment in blocks of 10.
- No user fee can be charged.
- X-rays covered.
- Cover back braces/supports/orthotics.
- Auto Insurance (private)
- No direct billing to insurance companies.
- Patients pay up front and get reimbursed by insurance companies.
- No $ coverage limits.
- Average initial visit $65, subsequent visit $30.
- Treatment length determined case by case.
- X-ray coverage.
- Insurance company reports $25 each.
- Medical-Legal reports requested by lawyers, charge $300-$500 based on length.
- Social Assistance
- Veterans Affairs
- Pays up to 20 visits/yr.
- Call for pre approval of treatment.
- Covers 15 visits a year, can get another 12 visits with MD approval.
- Initial visit pays full amount (up to $70), subsequent visit pays full amount (up to $30).
- Private Insurance (Blue X)
- Usually covers 80 % of chiropractic costs up to $300-$500.
- Usually covers 80 % of orthotics costs.
- Direct bill military (Blue X) with a referral from military MD, initial $65, subsequent $30. Military MDs becoming more chiropractic friendly.
- Native Affairs
Click here to visit the provincial association website: http://www.medianet.ca/nsca