Chiropractic in New Brunswick
DC: POPULATION RATIO 1 : 17,159
UTILIZATION RATE: 3%
Avg. Payment for initial visit $60.00
Avg. Payment for subs visit $30.00
- Provincial Coverage
- User Fees
- DC can charge what is appropriate.
- Average initial visit user fee, $60, subsequent visits $30.
- Workers Health & Safety
- Initial visit $51.00 + initial report.
- Subsequent visits $29, subseq reports.
- Coverage for 21 initial visits.
- Coverage for maintenance visits, 6 month intervals.
- No user fee can be charged.
- X-rays covered.
- Cover back braces/supports.
- Auto Insurance (private)
- Need to exhaust all chiro coverage, including private coverage before auto insurance used.
- No coverage $ limits.
- Average initial visit $60, subsequent visit $30.
- Treatment length determined case by case.
- X-ray coverage.
- Medical-Legal reports requested by lawyers, charge $200-$300 based on length.
- Social Assistance
- Veterans Affairs
- Pays up to 20 visits/yr.
- Call for pre approval of treatment.
- Covers 15 visits a year, can get another 12 visits with MD approval.
- Initial visit pays full amount (up to $70), subsequent visit pays full amount (up to $30).
- Private Insurance (Blue X)
- Usually covers 80 % of chiropractic costs up to $300-$500.
- Usually covers 80 % of orthotics costs.
- NB Teachers & NB Power has 80-100 % coverage.
- Native Affairs